A “Cookie” is a small data text file that is placed on your browser. Often it contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the site that placed it there.
By default, your browser will accept Cookies, but this can be altered by disabling Cookies in your web browser. Visitors can use this website with no loss of functionality if cookies are disabled. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser.
Cookies that may be placed on your computer are detailed below.
Schedule of Cookies placed on the Website
Savvy Investor uses Google Analytics (like most sites) which is a service provided by Google. They gather anonymous data of how people are using this site and then provide us with visitor statistics, details of page views etc.
The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- The IP address of the visitor's web server
- The top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net).
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used.
- Data which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded).
- The type of web browser used by the website visitor.
Drupal (SESS...) - this session cookie is set by the website system (which uses a content management system).
Google Analytics (__utma, __umtb, __utmc, __utmv, __utmz) - these cookies are created by the website for use with Google Analytics. The cookies record information about the first visit to the site, the last visit to the site, the number of visits to the site, duration of site visits, the link or search terms used to get to the site.