Advances in Financial Technologies and Applications to Investment Solutions for Individuals (Paris) 2 Apr
In the context of the fourth revolution, the digital revolution, which is expected to have a dramatic impact on the investment industry, EDHEC-Risk Institute has joined forces with three prominent academic institutions renowned for the quality and relevance of their educational and research programmes in finance and technology, KAIST, Princeton and Tsinghua Universities. Together, we have been hosting a series of rotational conferences on financial technologies to offer a forum to facilitate discussion among all interested parties (academics, practitioners and regulators) around the world.
After successful events organised in Princeton in 2017 and Seoul in 2018, EDHEC-Risk Institute is pleased to be hosting the "Advances in Financial Technologies and Applications to Investment Solutions for Individuals" conference to be held in Paris on 2 April 2019, at the Palais Brongniart, which was the historical French Stock Exchange.
Leading experts from the US, Asia and Europe will be featured at the conference, including, Lionel Martellini (Director of EDHEC-Risk Institute), Changle Lin (Adjunct Professor, Tsinghua University), John Mulvey (Professor and founding member of the Bendheim Centre for Finance at Princeton University), Laurent Calvet (Professor at EDHEC Business School) and Woo Chang Kim (Associate Professor at KAIST).
The conference sessions will include presentations on the following themes:
- Mass Production, Mass Customisation and Mass Distribution of Improved Retirement Solutions with Digital Goal-Based Investing Technology
- Modelling Investor Behaviour Based on Micro-Level Big Data and AI Systems
- What Do Large Datasets Reveal about Household Financial Decisions?
- Decentralised Enterprise Risk Management: Optimal Capital Allocation for Global Diverse FinTech Organisations
- A Case Study on Enhancing Income Security via Financial Technologies: Fully Personalised GBI-Based Life-Time Financial Planning Service for Every Korean Citizen by National Pension Service
The conference will close with a roundtable session entitled "The Rise of Robo-Advisors: A Threat or an Opportunity for the Wealth Management Industry?", moderated by Yuri Bender from the Financial Times.